I woke up at 7:30 this morning to do some things before church... the dishes, laundry, pick and organize my classes so I'm ready to register for spring in the morning. In process of looking through the classes I need versus what was available, I discovered something that made me want to cry...
... one of the classes I need is NOT available this coming up spring. Oh, yeah sure, that doesn't sound all that bad when you first think about it. But to me, it's heartbreaking. I don't just need that class... I NEED that class! I met with my counselor earlier this semester and she was kind enough to work out a deal with me. I still had three capstone courses, as well as 2 additional math courses to take before I could graduate. But she told me that she would wave one of the math courses for me so I could graduate, as long as I registered and took all the other classes. Sure, no problem, that's perfect. So, I filed for graduation... I was going to be graduating in May, 2009. You have no idea how excited I was. To finally be done with school?! To know that I would only have to go BACK to school if I WANTED to?! It was an amazing feeling!
Since I knew I was gonna be done with school, I applied for a job at Trails End Camp, along with Cassandra, for next summer. That's where she went this past summer and she had such a great time. I told myself, "this may be the last chance I have to do something like this. I may never be able to experience it once I start an actual carreer. I'm gonna go for it!" So I did. And I had a phone interview on Friday morning, which went really well. We are pretty sure that I got the job. So that was amazing! I was so excited! All I had left to do was to watch a video online and sign up for a 2nd interview. Then, if that went well, I would have it and I would be set for a fun, exciting summer doing something I have never done before.
Now... however... all of that has been shattered. The class that I need... not one of the classes that she can wave in order for me to graduate. No. It's a capstone class, I have to take it in order to graduate. My parents were so excited that I would be graduating. I've told EVERYONE. It pisses me off beyond belief that one class... ONE STUPID FREAKING POINTLESS CLASS... can stop me now. It pisses me off that something so effing minute can put such a major roadblock on my life.
I'm gonna see what I can do. I gotta see if there's any way to get around this. But as of right now... it's just not looking good.
Forever and a day
8 years ago

4 comments:
so sorry to hear that!! but trust in the Lord and HIS plans ... He truly knows best... calm down - regroup - go back to the counselor... maybe it's available online ??? what is the course?? maybe there is a substitute course?? don't give up... but do remember that a No answer to prayer just means that God has different priorities...
I know at DH you can still do the graduation thing and then take the course missing in the Fall.
I am sooo sooo sorry!
OMGosh! That sucks sooooo bad! I'm sorry!!!
I'm POed for you now!
Post a Comment