CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, September 11, 2008

A day to remember...

(I realize that I wrote this in a myspace blog... but I added a little more towards the end... just fyi.)

Seven years ago, our country was attacked and millions of people gathered together to mourn.

Let us not forget that day. The innocent lives lost. The heroes who died trying to save those innocent lives. The children who lost their parents. The parents who lost their children. Husbands who lost their wives. Wives who lost their husbands. People who lost their best friends.

Let us not forget how our country pulled together to lift each other up in love and support. All the people who rushed out to donate blood. All the people who worked day and night in attempts to find any possible survivors. All the people who struggled to pay their bills and yet still made the effort to donate money.

Today my thoughts, hopes and prayers go out to the families and friends of the victims on September 11, 2001. May God surround them in His perfect love on this anniversary day.

I am NOT ashamed to say that I am PROUD to be American. Being around for that horrific day, as well as the many months to follow, made me realize even more just how WONDERFUL this country is. People from all backgrounds and all beliefs were able to work as one in order to lift the USA back up on its feet. I am blessed to have been born and raised here... and I wouldn't dream of living anywhere else.

GOD BLESS AMERICA...

Oh... and be sure to tell the people you love just how much you love them as OFTEN as you can. You never know what tomorrow might bring. I think about how so many lives were torn apart that morning. Did everyone have the chance to say "I love you" to those they loved. Did any of them go to work that morning after fighting with their spouse, and never have a chance to make things right? I just want to make a point to make it very clear just how much my family and friends mean to me. I would hate for something to happen without them knowing how I truly felt.

So, just for the record... you ALL mean the world to me. I know not everyone I know reads this... but it's in writing. haha. I don't know where I would be without all the wonderful friends and my loving family.

I love you all.
~Candice

3 comments:

staceelianna said...

i love you <3

Nicky Stade said...

<3 Fer Shure!

Iloveaussies said...

I <3 u too and I will help u love Asians!.. like me!!!:)