CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, September 1, 2008

Decisions, decisions, decisions...

The 1st of September, 2008... LABOR DAY.

Tomorrow I start yet another semester at Cal State Long Beach. Another semester in which I will work my butt of towards a career that I really don't believe is meant for me. But I better finish what I started, right? I'm hopefully gonna graduate in the spring... with a degree in Liberal Studies... and after that, I don't really know what I am going to do.

Do I follow through with the couple more years of school in order to get my teaching credentials?
Do I just get a job at a private school where credentials aren't required?
Do I just do subsitute teaching?
Do I change my career path altogether?

I'm gonna have a lot of decisions over the next year. Lord knows I'm absolutely horrible at making decisions. So I'm not quite sure how I will manage to do so. But I'm hoping that by putting my faith in God, I will be led down the right path... the path that I'm meant to be on, not just one I'm simply settling for.

I've been told that I should follow my dreams... fight that lion... that if God put a desire in my heart, then He will give me the tools to reach it. But how can I be for certain that my dreams are from God or just thoughts from my own mind? I guess that is the answer I am seeking. I just want to make sure that I don't just live for myself, but that I follow the path that God has set out for me... knowing what is best for me in the long run.

So yeah. Tomorrow is a new day. A new semester. I'm not looking forward to it. But, until I figure out what I have to do, I really have no choice but to continue on with what's good enough. I can't just stop where I am... I'm so close to being done. I just hope that within the next 9 months or so of school, I will finally find the answer; that I will find a way to finally pursue my real dream... film school. *insert dramatic "BUM, BUM BUM!!!" here*

Haha.

... so begins my blog-a-day, I hope. Keep an eye out for yet another blog... tomorrow :)

4 comments:

sharkiepatronus said...

I fully believe that God has placed the desires of out hearts within us for a reason. Start researching film schools. If it isn't supposed to happen it won't, but if you never start the process, you'll never know.

<3
Stacey

staceelianna said...

i concur.

the USC brocure is still in your boxes of stuff.... and im sure that guy and bf would love for you to finish their story. ;]

looooove ya.

Nicky Stade said...

Yay for blogging!!

Iloveaussies said...

wow.. so .. where do I start.. U BLOGGED! and yes the Lord.. and EVERYONE knows that u can't make decisions but I know exactly that u r going through.. ( well, except for the part where u r almost done with school) I pray for u because I know that it sucks to not know what your plan is for your life.. I need plans