So today was basically one of those days that jumps right up on the list of "Worst Days Ever" before it really even had a chance to get started.
I got up on time, got dressed and ready in a timely matter, and arrived to school with just over an hour to spare before my first class started. Now, I have been attending CSULB for FOUR years now... and in ALL those four years, an hour would have been plenty of time to find a parking spot before class, as long as your class was 10am or earlier. So, since my class started at 10am, I got there close to 9am... not expecting the worlds best parking spot.. I expected to have to walk a little ways. Oh, I couldn't be any further from the truth. There was NO parking to be found at all!! I spent the following hour driving around aimlessly from parking lot to parking lot, structure to structure... NO SUCH LUCK.
So... it was about 5 minutes before I was supposed to be in class... on the FIRST day of the semester, mind you. Yet, there I was still driving around in my car... and in tears by this point. I was so far beyond furious that I couldn't even put it into words. I ended up parking in a neighborhood near the school, in a "2 hour maximum" area. As I walked the mile (or maybe more) to class, I was completely astonished that parking was so ridiculous. We pay $123 each for a semester parking pass, and I couldn't really even USE it! Then, to make matters worse, I may get to class so late that I get dropped from it! If that would've happened, I probably would have snapped and had a complete mental breakdown right then and there in front of the classroom. But, thank God, I got there to my MTED 312 class [late, of course] and still got to sign in on the roll sheet.
Following my first class, I had to walk the mile or so back to my car, only to move it a few yards and re-park it (since it was "2 hour maximum"). Then I proceeded to walk BACK to school for my second class. I had the chance to meet up with my old friend, Courtney, before my second class though. That was nice. She's going to be attending CSULB for their graduate program now, so I will probably be seeing her more often. So, anyway, I sat through my second class (Art 300), only to have to walk back down to my car AGAIN in order to re-park it... AGAIN. This time though, I was lucky enough to finally find a spot in the actual school parking lot. That made me happy because that meant walking about 1/4-1/2 mile less than I had been. Ha!
Before my last class of the day, L/ST 400(?... How sad... I don't even know), I stopped off at the library to cool down after walking in the heat. I went online to check myspace... and I got a comment from a boy that made me very happy. So, my day got a little better after that. Haha! I managed to make it through my last class alive... and finally was able to come home.
I clearly need to get to school before 8am from now on if I want to find a parking spot. How sad is that?! You would think I could finally have a chance to sleep in just a TAD bit... but no... I still have to PRETEND I have a really early morning class, just in order to avoid trekking 4 miles everyday back and forth to my car. Ugh!
... and all of this got me thinking: maybe everything was against me getting to school on time for a reason. Maybe it's because it's not where I am MEANT to be...? Hmm...
Until next time. :)
Forever and a day
8 years ago

2 comments:
So I have this good friend who went to film school (and then transferred and is now a teacher...LOL) who is totally willing to give you all the pros and cons of film school if you are interested?
Oh dang! That sucks hard-core! Sorry your day went so badly. :(
Post a Comment